Thanks to the young architect Goran Žurić who collected these beautiful photos, we have the opportunity to publish this.
PETRINJA gained the status of a free royal city in the 13th century. It was only at the beginning of the 19th century that it began to acquire the appearance we know today. After Napoleon’s war, both Sisak and Petrinja became part of Napoleon’s Illyrian provinces.
The capital was Ljubljana. Unlike the old city of Sisak, which belonged to civilian Croatia, Petrinja belonged to military Croatia.
The French planted “linden Illyrians” in the central park we saw in the earthquake footage.
In the Petrinja park, known as Strossmayer promenade, there are four linden trees preserved on the main town square, for which the studied literature, without exception, French ere during their administration in Petrinja in 1809-1813.
This period is generally mentioned as the beginning of the arrangement of the Petrinja park. “Later, Austro-Hungarian construction made Petrinja a typical Central European, lovely town.